A home inspection is visual and non-invasive. Inspection of plumbing, electrical and heating/cooling systems will be using normal operating controls/valves/switches. I will not operate any shut off valves, switches or breakers. Please confirm that utilities and heating/cooling systems are on prior to inspection. Heating/cooling system operation may be limited due to exterior temperatures at the time of inspection to prevent damage to equipment.
I will inspect the following items during the course of each inspection, subject to the limitations of visibility, access and safety.
- Plumbing, including service main, interior and exterior fixtures
- Electrical, including service entrance, breakers and fuses, GFCIs, AFCIs
- Heating and cooling systems
- Basements or crawlspaces
- Visible structure
- Siding and trim
- Roof and gutters
- Fascia, trim, soffit, flashing
- Roof ventilation and penetrations
- Chimneys (exterior only)
- Fireplace damper and hearth
- Water Heaters
- Attached garage (up to two car included at no extra charge)
- Sump pump (sealed units will not be inspected)
- Porches and decks
- Driveways, walkways, exterior steps and railings
My inspection does not include the following:
- lead, asbestos or other hazardous materials
- termite or other insect damage and I recommend a separate termite inspection
For a full list of exclusions please refer to your pre-inspection agreement.
My inspections are backed by InterNACHI’s $10,000 Honor Guarantee.