Schedule online today and receive a $10 discount! Click here to Schedule your Rental Property Inspection for $115.
- What documents are required for the Baltimore County Rental registration?
Baltimore County requires the Baltimore County Rental License Inspection Sheet, Carbon Monoxide Alarm Verification and if the property was constructed before 1978, a lead paint certification.
- Does my Baltimore County Rental Registration ever expire?
Yes, the registration is good for three years from its effective date.
- What do you look for when inspecting a home for Baltimore County Rental Registration?
The inspection covers the items found in the Baltimore County Rental License Inspection Sheet.
a.The unit must have operational smoke detectors as detailed on the inspection sheet.
b. No electrical hazards may be visible in living areas.
c. There is hot and cold running water in kitchen and each bathroom with no leaks below sink and all toilets flush
d. There are no sleeping areas in basement or if there is a sleeping area in the basement, there is a secondary means of escape as follows: basement window with a minimum 5.5 ft opening with a sill height 44 inches or less from floor OR basement door with thumb turn dead bolt.
e. The furnace is either operation or because of outside temperature it is unable to be tested.
f. Railing is present for interior and exterior steps with more than 3 risers.
g. Carbon Monoxide Detectors are located in the common area outside of sleeping areas and are operational.
h. Are there any other readily observable problems that in the inspectors opinion represent an immediate threat to the health or safety of the occupant?
- What if I fail the Baltimore County Rental License Inspection?
You must correct any defects noted and schedule a re-inspection. A re-inspection fee of $50 will be charged.
- If my property has been licensed in the past, and has expired, is that a re-inspection?
No, a full inspection costing $125 must be performed every three years. Re-inspection is only for properties that have failed their initial inspection.
- How long does the inspection take?
Typically less than 30 minutes and you will receive your completed Baltimore County Rental License Inspection Sheet and date-stamped photos at the time of inspection.
- Is there a discount for multiple properties?
Yes, additional properties located within 5 miles of the initial property inspected at the same time will be inspected at the rate of $100 each. The first property will always cost $125.
- Do you offer lead paint inspections?
No, not at this time.
- If I am having a Section inspection, do I need a Baltimore County Rental Inspection?
No. It is my understanding that Baltimore County will accept a Section 8 inspection in lieu of this inspection. Contact the county to be certain.
More about my Baltimore County Rental inspection services here.